The Flooring Company offers professional installations through several teams of SAWLFA (South African Wood & Laminated Flooring Association) approved and accredited fitters.
Installing any wooden floor means the following has to be considered prior, during and after the installation process.
- Floor Preparation – Floor has to be clean, dry and smooth. (When placing a straight profile on the floor, there should not be more than 3mm unevenness over a 1m span.) If more, we would need to apply self-levelling screed to smooth out the floor.
- Direction in which the floor(s) are laid.
- 8-10mm gap all around the perimeter to allow for expansion and contraction of the floor.
- Plastic Vapour barrier to be put down first to prevent any moisture from the subfloor getting to the new wooden floor.
- The correct profiles (door strips), skirting and/or quarter rounds will be used.
- Guarantee – we offer a minimum 2 year guarantee on all installations on floors purchased from The Flooring Company.
- The site is cleaned up afterwards – no rubble left behind.
- Floor is cleaned after installation.
- A follow up call from our store manager 1-2 weeks after installation to confirm your satisfaction.