Nothing can compare to the feeling of Solid Wood Floors under your feet. For decades, solid wood has been considered a luxury item to install in the home or office and this is due to its timeless elegance that is not dictated by fading fashion trends. The Finfloor range is a quality set of Solid Wooden Flooring that will last you for years to come.
The Obligatory Overview
If you ever wondered what the difference is between Solid Wood Floors and Laminates or Vinyl, then you are in luck. It’s quite simple. Solid Wood Flooring is composed of planks that are milled from a single piece of timber. Instead of a top layer of Laminate or Vinyl that is produced to replicate the appearance of wood, Solid Wood Floors naturally have these patterns. Did you know that it is not uncommon for century-old buildings in Europe to still have the original wood floors? This alone shows the durability and strength of Solid Wood Flooring.
How To Maintain Your Finfloor Solid Floor
e last thing you want for your solid floor is scuff marks or deep scratches. Therefore, we suggest that you make an effort to maintain your floors on a regular basis. Here are some maintenance tips from Finfloor:
1. Soak up accidental spills and do not let stagnant pools of fluid stay for too long.
2. Clean the floors with a damp cloth and do not use excessive amounts of water.
3. Avoid dragging furniture across the floor.
4. Use a vacuum cleaner to pull out the dust between the joints.
5. Trim your indoor pets’ nails.
6. Detergents that contain ammonia may damage or stain the wood.
7. Avoid brooms with hard bristles.
There is one more advantage of Solid Wood Flooring and that is that it can be easily replaced if damaged. You will not need to replace your entire floor because you can replace the damaged plank with a new one. As you can imagine, this will greatly reduce your repair costs and save time.
For more information about the Finfloor range, contact The Flooring Company team.