Laminate floors need to be cleaned regularly in order to prevent them from getting scratched or warped, but using harsh cleansers can create streaks or damage the laminate. Using a laminate Floor Cleaner with a dry mop should be done regularly, but for more intense cleaning, warm water or mild cleaners can also be applied.
How should I clean laminate flooring?
• Wipe up any spills immediately with an absorbent Micro Fiber Mop.
• Regularly remove dust with a Micro Fibre Mop, broom or vacuum cleaner.
• Do not wash your floor with a soaking mop, cloth or use a spaghetti, sponge mop. The Flooring Company only recommends the use of a Micro Fibre Mop or Micro Fibre Cloth.
• Do not sand, varnish, polish or wax the floor, as these treatments will adversely affect the floor.
• Do not use any abrasive cleaners.
• Do not clean grooves with a pointed metal object.
• Do not place pot plant drip trays directly onto the floor surface, always have these lifted off the floor to allow airflow under the pot plant.